WSL Type Cross Universal Joints(JB/T7846.2-2007)
WSL type cross universal joint is mainly used in roller plate straightening machine, with the shaft Angle α≤10°, rotary diameter 46-150mm, norminal torque 90-6300N · m.
♦Basic Parameter and Main Dimension
N.m= Norminal Torque; d1 L1= Gear seat end; d2 L2= End of straightening machine;
L= Length of installation; kg.m²= Rotational inertia; kg= Mass
♦Other Products List
|WS, WSD, WSP
|SWC, SWP, SWZ
|CL, CLZ, GCLD, GIICL
GICL, NGCL, GGCL, GCLK
|JMI, JMIJ, JMII, JMIIJ
|High Flexible Coupling
HangZhou CHINAMFG Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the design and manufacture of various types of coupling. There are 86 employees in our company, including 2 senior engineers and no fewer than 20 mechanical design and manufacture, heat treatment, welding, and other professionals.
Advanced and reasonable process, complete detection means. Our company actively introduces foreign advanced technology and equipment, on the basis of the condition, we make full use of the advantage and do more research and innovation. Strict to high quality and operate strictly in accordance with the ISO9000 quality certification system standard mode.
Our company supplies different kinds of products. High quality and reasonable price. We stick to the principle of “quality first, service first, continuous improvement and innovation to meet the customers” for the management and “zero defect, zero complaints” as the quality objective.
1. Design Services
Our design team has experience in Cardan shafts relating to product design and development. If you have any needs for your new product or wish to make further improvements, we are here to offer our support.
2. Product Services
Raw materials → Cutting → Forging →Rough machining →Shot blasting →Heat treatment →Testing →Fashioning →Cleaning→ Assembly→ Packing→ Shipping
3. Samples Procedure
We could develop the sample according to your requirement and amend the sample constantly to meet your need.
4. Research & Development
We usually research the new needs of the market and develop the new model when there is new cars in the market.
5. Quality Control
Every step should be a special test by Professional Staff according to the standard of ISO9001 and TS16949.
Q 1: Are you a trading company or a manufacturer?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing various series of couplings.
Q 2: Can you do OEM?
Yes, we can. We can do OEM & ODM for all the customers with customized artworks in PDF or AI format.
Q 3: How long is your delivery time?
Generally, it is 20-30 days if the goods are not in stock. It is according to quantity.
Q 4: Do you provide samples? Is it free or extra?
Yes, we could offer the sample but not for free. Actually, we have a very good price principle, when you make the bulk order the cost of the sample will be deducted.
Q 5: How long is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 months under normal circumstances.
Q 6: What is the MOQ?
A: Usually our MOQ is 1 pcs.
Q 7: Do you have inspection procedures for coupling?
A: 100% self-inspection before packing.
Q 8: Can I have a visit to your factory before the order?
A: Sure, welcome to visit our factory.
Q 9: What’s your payment?
Add: No.11 HangZhou Road,Chengnan park,HangZhou City,ZheJiang Province,China
|as your requirement
|WSL Type Universal Joints
What is the role of needle bearings in a universal joint?
Needle bearings play a critical role in the operation of a universal joint. Here’s a detailed explanation:
A universal joint, also known as a U-joint, is a mechanical coupling that allows the transmission of rotational motion between two misaligned shafts. It consists of a cross-shaped component with needle bearings positioned at each end of the cross.
The role of needle bearings in a universal joint is to facilitate smooth rotation and efficient power transmission while accommodating the misalignment between the shafts. Here are the key functions of needle bearings:
- Reducing Friction: Needle bearings are designed to minimize friction and provide a low-resistance interface between the rotating components of the universal joint. The needle-like rollers in the bearings have a large surface area in contact with the inner and outer raceways, distributing the load evenly. This design reduces frictional losses and ensures efficient power transmission.
- Accommodating Misalignment: Universal joints are often used to transmit motion between shafts that are not perfectly aligned. Needle bearings are capable of accommodating angular misalignment, allowing the shafts to operate at different angles while maintaining smooth rotation. The flexibility of the needle bearings enables the universal joint to compensate for misalignment and transmit torque without excessive stress or wear.
- Supporting Radial Loads: In addition to transmitting torque, needle bearings in a universal joint also provide support for radial loads. Radial loads are forces acting perpendicular to the shaft’s axis, and the needle bearings are designed to handle these loads while maintaining proper alignment and rotation. This capability is particularly important in applications where the universal joint experiences varying loads or vibrations.
- Enhancing Durability: Needle bearings are designed to withstand high-speed rotation, heavy loads, and demanding operating conditions. They are typically made of hardened steel or other durable materials that offer high strength and wear resistance. The robust construction of the needle bearings ensures long-lasting performance and reliability in the universal joint.
- Providing Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial for the smooth operation and longevity of needle bearings. Lubricants, such as grease or oil, are applied to the needle bearings to reduce friction, dissipate heat, and prevent premature wear. The lubrication also helps to protect the bearings from contamination and corrosion, especially in marine or harsh environments.
Overall, needle bearings in a universal joint enable efficient power transmission, accommodate misalignment, support radial loads, enhance durability, and require proper lubrication. They are essential components that contribute to the smooth and reliable operation of the universal joint in various applications, including automotive drivelines, industrial machinery, and aerospace systems.
How do you calculate the operating angles of a universal joint?
Calculating the operating angles of a universal joint involves measuring the angular displacement between the input and output shafts. Here’s a detailed explanation:
To calculate the operating angles of a universal joint, you need to measure the angles at which the input and output shafts are misaligned. The operating angles are typically expressed as the angles between the axes of the two shafts.
Here’s a step-by-step process for calculating the operating angles:
- Identify the input shaft and the output shaft of the universal joint.
- Measure and record the angle of the input shaft relative to a reference plane or axis. This can be done using a protractor, angle finder, or other measuring tools. The reference plane is typically a fixed surface or a known axis.
- Measure and record the angle of the output shaft relative to the same reference plane or axis.
- Calculate the operating angles by finding the difference between the input and output shaft angles. Depending on the arrangement of the universal joint, there may be two operating angles: one for the joint at the input side and another for the joint at the output side.
It’s important to note that the specific method of measuring and calculating the operating angles may vary depending on the design and configuration of the universal joint. Some universal joints have built-in methods for measuring the operating angles, such as markings or indicators on the joint itself.
Additionally, it’s crucial to consider the range of acceptable operating angles specified by the manufacturer. Operating a universal joint beyond its recommended angles can lead to increased wear, reduced lifespan, and potential failure.
In summary, calculating the operating angles of a universal joint involves measuring the angular displacement between the input and output shafts. By measuring the angles and finding the difference between them, you can determine the operating angles of the universal joint.
Can you provide examples of vehicles that use universal joints?
Universal joints are commonly used in various types of vehicles for transmitting torque between shafts that are not in a straight line or are at an angle to each other. Here are some examples of vehicles that use universal joints:
- Automobiles: Universal joints are widely used in automobiles for transmitting torque from the engine to the rear wheels in rear-wheel drive vehicles. They are commonly found in the driveline, connecting the transmission or gearbox to the driveshaft, and in the driveshaft itself. Universal joints are also used in front-wheel drive vehicles for transmitting torque from the transaxle to the front wheels.
- Trucks and commercial vehicles: Universal joints are utilized in trucks and commercial vehicles for transmitting torque between various components of the drivetrain. They can be found in the driveshaft, connecting the transmission or gearbox to the rear differential or axle assembly.
- Off-road vehicles and SUVs: Universal joints are extensively used in off-road vehicles and SUVs that have four-wheel drive or all-wheel drive systems. They are employed in the driveline to transmit torque from the transmission or transfer case to the front and rear differentials or axle assemblies.
- Military vehicles: Universal joints are utilized in military vehicles for transmitting torque between different components of the drivetrain, similar to their use in trucks and off-road vehicles. They provide reliable torque transfer in demanding off-road and rugged environments.
- Agricultural and construction machinery: Universal joints are commonly found in agricultural and construction machinery, such as tractors, combines, excavators, loaders, and other heavy equipment. They are used in the drivelines and power take-off (PTO) shafts to transmit torque from the engine or motor to various components, attachments, or implements.
- Marine vessels: Universal joints are employed in marine vessels for transmitting torque between the engine and the propeller shaft. They are used in various types of watercraft, including boats, yachts, ships, and other marine vessels.
- Aircraft: Universal joints are utilized in certain aircraft applications, such as helicopters, to transmit torque between the engine and the rotor assembly. They allow for angular displacement and smooth transmission of power in the complex rotor systems of helicopters.
- Industrial machinery: Universal joints find applications in various types of industrial machinery, including manufacturing equipment, conveyors, pumps, and other power transmission systems. They enable torque transmission between non-aligned or angularly displaced shafts in industrial settings.
Please note that the specific usage of universal joints may vary depending on the vehicle design, drivetrain configuration, and application requirements. Different types of universal joints, such as single joint, double joint, constant velocity (CV) joint, or Cardan joint, may be employed based on the specific needs of the vehicle or machinery.
editor by CX 2023-11-13